Have you recently been tested for oral cancer? If you are unsure of your current oral health, it is always a good idea to schedule an oral cancer screening to make sure you are safe from the debilitating disease.
When looking for signs of oral cancer, here are some things you should know about spotting the symptoms:
– Irregular symptoms related to oral cancer include drastic weight loss and malocclusions.
– If you suffer from reduced functions such as speaking and eating, you may be suffering from oral cancer.
– At times, oral cancer can cause your throat to be continually sore and raw and can give you the sensation of a constant lump in your throat.
– When looking for peculiar signs in a person’s mouth, check for all manner of irregular disorders, including speckled patches, bumps, rough patches, and swelling or eroded areas that cannot be easily described.
– Oral cancer can contribute to numbness or loss of sensitivity in your facial areas.
– Frequent bleeding from your mouth that does not easily heal may be a sign of an underlying illness such as oral cancer.
– Oral cancer symptoms occasionally include the failure to heal quickly and effectively within two weeks of an open sore or wound first appearing.
If you would like to schedule an oral cancer screening with Dr. Barbara Lewis-Heywood and the rest of our team at Riverside Dental & Beauty Spa, simply call our dentist office at 505-219-0594 for an appointment in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. Come in today to schedule your oral cancer screening.